these are links I collected from 1994 to about 1995 or 1996. So if they actually work, well, woah!
The low overhead of this new medium means religious material is inevitable. This page coordinates those spiritual sites.
Tracking web tributes to the terrible, typical and terrific mythic figures of our day and age. Please make me aware of any other figures represented out there, especially women!
- >OJ Simpson on the Internet
- Liberated from its terrible net connection, the Official Unofficial OJ Simpson Web Page features a crackpot collection of maliciously manipulated photos. See OJ as a Nazi! See OJ penetrate a woman with a baseball bat! All this and more awaits you... The author is listed on my Perspectives with Personality page
- The San Francisco Examiner has put up a list of their articles about the OJ Simpson trial. If you are looking for something substantive about the case on the Internet, this is your best bet.
- For a dose of humour on the subject (does anyone provide anything else?), check out Canonical O.bligatory J.okes List - Internet users submitting OJ jokes.
- Someone here at Wired sent me a list of Anagrams on the name Orenthal James Simpson and somebody else has set up a page of chronological events in the OJ trial based on an anagram of his name
- Read the teachings of David Koresh at this gopher site. No pictures,or quicktimes, or even recordings of sound, just his interpretation of scripture, and beyond.
- The King is Digital! Elvis lives on in Cyberspace at this well-crafted Elvis web worship zone. Tour Cyber-Graceland from this site!!
- Witness full-on Godzilla fandom at Mel's Godzilla page. Equating quantity with quality, this page seeks to establish Godzilla's dominion in the pantheon of movie greats due to his 20 or so feature films. Features all the info you would ever want/need on that great green gargantuan, including pictures, sounds, and movie biography info.
- Hakim Bey suspected to be Peter Lambourne Wilson of Semiotext Books. Regardless, his anarchical, rambling, iconoclastic work is a refreshing read for many I have met. I let you know what I think when I get the chance to read anything by him...
- The apex of Internet Barney hatred is to be found at the Jihad to Destroy Barney server
- Mysticism in World Religions
- Stele and Biblioteca Arcana
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- The Church of Scientology vs. the Net
- Ontario Centre for Religious Tolerance
- Get Thee to the Snake Oil
- For a hip "guide to Kooky Kontemporary Kristian Kulture", try a bit of Snake Oil, keeping track of those pernicious modern offspring of Christianity, Evangelists. Robert Tilton, one of them leeching televangelist types said of them "They know not the depth of their sacriledge" - so they must be doing something right. This page takes a pointed, sardonic look at modern American evangelism, without being irreligious. News and surveys of swindlers and smooth talkers, with updates on their favourite characters make for good reading. Includes pictures and profiles, first hand accounts of healing attempts, a picture of Robert Tilton doing drugs, even a quicktime movie of Tilton farting! This site wins kudos for both fantastic original content, and timely, engaging news and fact provision.
- Check out the Christian.Org home page for an alternative, perhaps offensive, view of Christianity
- They're heeere: Christian Resources on the Internet a three sectioned, many K document, will point you most places Christian on the net or web.
- For the real Christian beat, try the The Orthodox Christian Page in Europe
- There is a list of Judaism and Jewish Resources. On it, you'll find software and links to web, gopher, and ftp sites related to Judaism and the state of Israel. It looks like this guy has really done a first class job collecting related resources from across the board.
- For reference or prayer purposes, the Holy Quran is online. I don't know much about the structure or format of this Muslim Holy Book, but there seems to be a lot here. This is no front to a gopher site either, each one of the Surahs is its own HTML page.
- Looking for the Buddhists online? Try the WWWVL Buddhist Studies page
- I put up an Astrology Page using hypertext to teach people the basics of astrology
- Have your Tarot cards thrown. The online Tator reader will throw three cards for you, past present and future, with pretty pictures from your standard Tarot deck.
- Dial this URL, and the I Ching will be cast for you. Wisdom from the book of changes follows a graphic of how the computer-generated bones fall. Read Philip K. Dick's Man in the High Castle for some I Ching based fiction - it was what got me into the I Ching in the first place.
- For the latest in Occult and Mystical info online cruise by the OMNet home page
- Get slack - at the Church of the Subgenius Online Pamphlet. Is it clever artistry making a statement against modern organized religion or simply people lifting lackadaisicality to an enlightened level? You be the judge. There's not much here besides hype (and a gif or two), but it can be funny hype.
- For the latest lowdown on the Latter Day Saints, check out LDS Information Resources. And I thought LDS was what people who've taken to much acid call it.
- If you are looking to get religion on the World Wide Web, check out the Virtual Library Religion page. It may not be the completest survey (few alternative spirituality sites covered), and there are some mistakes (like Taoism listed under Buddhism), but its a good reference point.
Wander back to the Weird, the Wild and the Wonderful on the World Wide Web
Back to Links from the Underground
This page and all its contents Copyright 1994, 1995 Justin Hall. All rights reserved. Contact me with any questions you might think of, permissions you might want, or problems you may have.
Yer Mama Net Productions / Justin Hall / <firstname.lastname@example.org>